I have been home for 5 days now. (Well, home in Dacula for 3 days and home at the lake for 2 days)-- but home nonetheless.
I miss the fun-filled life that the halls of Lena Vail Davis provided me, but nothing compares to the feeling of home. The feeling that you belong in a place; like a puzzle missing its piece.
As I walked through the mall to pick up some cute new sundresses, I encountered five friends and acquaintances whom I waved to politely as I scanned the racks. When I went to the Publix by my high school, I was welcomed by the young boys and girls clad in plaid skirts and HCA polos running through the aisles, picking up food for lunch the following morning.
As much as I miss the fast pace of Birmingham, I am so enjoying the slow pace and familiar faces of my hometown, Dacula, Georgia.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment